The Field Performing Arts Center is a new venue that provides a focal point for creative collaboration in Frederick County, serves as a home for select Free Range Humans productions and programs, hosts several resident arts organizations and provides a low barrier venue for independent artists and media makers.
Free Range Humans and The Field Performing Arts Center are excited to welcome our first official resident company, The Fredericktowne Players (FtP), the oldest theatrical organization in Frederick. FtP will be an integral part of getting The Field up and running, and will use The Field as their home base for both production and performance.
The FtP mission is to provide opportunities for the people of Frederick County and surrounding areas to participate in and enjoy quality theatrical productions. FtP emphasizes the production of shows with a broad appeal that will educate, enlighten, and entertain. We couldn’t imagine a more complementary partner to ensure the kind of collaborative environment we are building and anchor The Field’s programming alongside our own.
The Field will be a 200-seat blackbox theatre with flexible arrangements suitable for a wide range of uses, including…
- Theatrical performance
- Film and video production
- Rehearsal space for theatrical productions, orchestras, choirs, bands, and others
- Large-Scale Installation Art
- Performing arts classes and meetings
- Speakers series and conferences
- Audition video set up
- Creative space for collaboration, instruction, and making cool stuff
- Rotating gallery exhibitions
- Local artisan display and sale
- Meetings, Dungeons & Dragons Games, Clubs
- Streaming Studio for gaming, meetings, and more
The Field is a non-profit community space, and we welcome your involvement. We are actively seeking additional resident companies. Contact us to schedule a tour, make a donation, volunteer and/or let us know what you need to expand performing arts in Frederick. Naming rights are available.