Free Range Humans
Partnering with Artists, Creative Organizations, and Businesses
Free Range Humans produces quality professional experiences in unique locations, inviting participants to immerse themselves in story and see their environment in a new light. Partnerships with Artists, Creative Organizations, and Businesses can include anything from creating something together to sponsorship and cross promotion to designing a unique event for a business launch. Contact us for more information.
Free Range Humans has two venues, Free Range Kids (open now), a kids performing arts education and production space, and The Field Performing Arts Center (opening no later than June 1), a mixed use black box venue. Both are located in the FSK Mall in Frederick, MD. We welcome conversations with potential partners, renters, bands, promoters, etc. about performances in these spaces.
Free Range Kids & Teens
Partnering with Artists, Creative Organizations, and Youth-Focused Organizations
Free Range Kids is an incubator for creativity and creative mashups, a place for kids to explore new passions, and a platform to develop youth voices and leadership skills. Our mission is to serve Youth and Creativity, and we think of this in broadest possible terms, from traditional performing arts disciplines to escape rooms and non-traditional story design to XR, electronic music, and gaming.
The goal of the Free Range Kids venue, centrally located in the Francis Scott Key Mall, is to amplify the arts in Frederick County by:
- Producing youth programming that will capture audience imagination and inspire interest in exploring the arts
- Offering inexpensive introductory classes in a range of disciplines that enable students to try new things
- Removing financial barriers to participation by keeping our class prices low, offering sliding scale enrollment fees, and not requiring extra fees such as memberships and costume purchases
- Hiring artists to teach and perform
- Living our Values statement
- Partnering with and providing space and resources for other arts organizations to promote their programs
Partnership can include:
- Discounted rental rates, box office splits, barter, or other arrangements
- Cross-promotion of programs
- Hosting demos, events, recitals, productions, festivals
- Producing together
- Hiring teachers from partner programs and promoting those partners as co-sponsor, thereby funneling students who want to go deeper into a topic to our partners
We would be delighted to give you a tour of the space and discuss how we can help grow your mission and audience. Please contact us to schedule a time.
If your organization serves youth and creativity in Frederick County and is aligned with our values, you are welcome to drop off flyers for display in our store anytime during regular store hours.
The Field Performing Arts Center
Details to come.
Free Range Kids
12′ x 20′ ADA Accessible Stage
Folding Chairs (72)
8′ Party Tables (6)
Projector & Screen (HDMI connection)
Bubble & Fog Machine
Toddler-Friendly Lounge with Blocks, Games, Cards
Kid-sized tables (3) and chairs (20)
Private Bathroom In Store
Ask if there’s something else you need.
*Our internet is not yet good. We’re working on it and will update this page once we solve this.
Our two 3’x10′ craft tables are counter-height, with up to 11 stools, depending on distancing needs. Supplies include:
Cricut Explore Air, Cricut Heat Press (you bring your own supplies to cut, we supply the machines and one standard blade)
Acrylic Paints, Brushes, Palattes
Markers, Pencils, Crayons
Construction Paper, Letter Paper, Tabloid Paper, Card Stock
Staplers, Tape, Glue, Glue Sticks
Craft Sticks, Pipe Cleaners, Felt
Black & White Printer (USB connection)
Need something else? We probably have it. Just ask.