Free Range Humans redefines the limits of theatrical experience by immersing audiences and participants in stories and locations that fire the imagination, celebrate the human search for meaning, and awaken our sense of communal storytelling through exhilarating productions and inspirational creator-based performing arts education accessible to all.
Free Range Kids & Teens enables Young Artists, Creative Thinkers, and Leaders to find and elevate their unique voices and skills.
The Free Range Kids & Teens educational programs:
- Grounds itself in storytelling, empathy, and humanizing others
- Welcomes all racial and cultural backgrounds, practices color conscious casting, and provides students with equal opportunity
- Honors all gender identities and chooses class material that allows for a range of expression
- Respects personal and religious boundaries when choosing costumes
- Includes historical context for all disciplines
- Offers opportunities for students to create and share their unique voices using what they’ve learned
- Encourages students to explore, experiment, and contribute to the full picture of what it means to make performing arts happen
Producing Artistic Director
Elizabeth Lucas (she/her) is a stage and screen director, producer, and creative entrepreneur and the Founder of Free Range Humans. At heart a storyteller, Elizabeth crosses media boundaries to let story lead form, whether a story wants to be told live or on screen, in a theatre or in an abandoned building, with a fourth wall or entirely immersive. She is a Founding Producer of the New York Musical Theatre Festival and the first Producing Artistic Director of New Spire Arts. Elizabeth has nurtured countless new works at every stage of development, including her own original movie musical. She has been warmly reviewed by the New York Times for her musical theatre directing and original narratives, working with Tony-winning talent and Broadway writers from NYC to Alaska.